Happy Spring! I’m back after a delicious Easter weekend where my community friends had not one but two homemade feasts–Eggs Benedict brunch on Saturday and four-course lamb dinner on Sunday. Illnesses and complications notwithstanding, we took the time to get together, share delicious food, and enjoy the new life God has given us. It is good to live in community.
I also enjoyed a bit of a break from my blog-per-weekday challenge. But I missed you. It’s fun to be back.
Now, on to business. My March goals post turned out to be revolutionary. It gave me so much clarity and motivation. I’m definitely making this a regular practice.
March Goals + Accomplishments
- The Unaccountable Death of Derelict Frobisher – Wrote 7,555 words. Didn’t hit my minimum goal of 12,000.
- The Dream World Collective – Released 2 sections on Patreon. Reached minimum goal.
- The Stone and the Song – Completed initial design and received my first paperback proof from CreateSpace! The print quality was low enough that I’m going to try another service, but I’m happy to have a sample of their work and I consider this good progress toward my target. I knew going in that CS might not meet my standards, but I wanted to get a look at their work in person. Target goal was “Release paperback.” I count this as exceeded the minimum, didn’t hit the target.
- Hubris Towers – Sketched characters, setting, Season 1 overall arc, and an overview of all eight episodes of Season 1. And wrote 6,627 words of Episode 1! Stretch goal was to do all that planning plus write a “partial episode,” by which I meant 250-500 words. Massively exceeded my goals!
- Write a blog post every day. Done.
- The Unaccountable Death of Derelict Frobisher – Current word count: 104,197
- Minimum: Write 2,000 words
- Target: Write 4,000 words
- Stretch: Write 10,000 words
- The Dream World Collective
- Minimum: Release 2 sections on Patreon
- Target: Release 3 sections and overview remaining rewrites needed before launch
- Stretch: Release 4 sections and overview
- The Stone and the Song
- Minimum: Reformat for paperback POD through Lulu and order physical proof
- Target: Release paperback
- Stretch: Release paperback and audiobook
- Hubris Towers
- Minimum: Finish Episode 1
- Target: Finish Episode 1 and write 4,000 words of Episode 2
- Stretch: Finish Episodes 1 and 2
- Author platform
- Minimum: Two blog posts/week
- Target: And announce Optional Fun Thing Alpha
- Stretch: Fifteen blog posts in April
- Healthy, sustainable, balanced living
- Minimum: Bike 20 minutes 5 days in April
- Target: Bike 20 minutes 2 days each week
- Stretch: Bike 20 minutes 3 days each week
If you want to get a mid-month progress update, plus friendly notes, early access, and exclusive deals, sign up for my email list.
I write fun, infrequent notes and work hard to make it something you’ll genuinely enjoy. Which seems to be working—so far my open and click rates are around triple the industry average, so people seem to be having fun.
No pressure, obviously. But I bet you’ll like it. (Here’s one I sent out recently, if you want an idea of what you’ll be getting.)